30 Poems in 30 Days

30 Poems in 30 Days
NaPoWriMo
A Project for National Poetry Writing Month

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Day 24 A Lipogram

Though the name of this form makes me think of liposuction and Tyler Durden's soap (ewww!), I tried it out anyway, as instructed, explicitly refraining from using a particular letter. Some lipogram poets ditch whole sections of the alphabet -- all vowels except one, for instance, or everything from K to P, or all the letters in a name.  Rookie that I am, I just eliminated one little vowel.  The letter I chose to strike from the roster was "i".

Samskara

A haltered
             thought
on repeat
               where
are you?


Now?
     Where are
you?
     Altered thought?


On repeat
               now
where are
               you?


Haltered?
         What now?
You
         on repeat.

Where?