30 Poems in 30 Days

30 Poems in 30 Days
NaPoWriMo
A Project for National Poetry Writing Month

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Day 10 -- An Unlove Poem


Dontcha Unlove Me Like You Used to Do



Let me just stew. Let me be gumbo


ya-ya, everybody talking at once.


Enough of this David


Mametesque speechifying one to another splintering everything to bits


of truth.


Enough of things.  And lightning. And applied behavioral modification.

Let’s have a party. Let’s roll

a float full of paper mache nonsense down the avenue

and throw My Little Ponies to the crowd. Let’s give up

love in favor of smoking. Let’s give up death and see what that gets us.


Somedays, I’d pay that man to leave me alone.

I’ve had enough of everything else, but still the mouth wants what it wants

opens and cries


C’mon boy. That all ya got?